Friday, October 4, 2013

Spooky Banner!

I started with my color choice, Witches Brew DSP and added Elegant Eggplant to Summer Starfruit and Pumpkin Pie. 

Then the fun began! Using rubbing alcohol and re-inker I made my dyes for the canvas banner. Layout your design first on paper since there are three styles of canvas to choose from. That way you can alternate colors and canvas shapes before you start dyeing. I used about 25 drops of re-inker to 1/4 cup of alcohol, you can add more or less re-inker depending on your choice of saturation.  I think I add 10 additional drops to the Summer Starfruit.

Disposable tin trays for the dye, made clean up very easy.
Some of the canvases were completely dyed and others were left white. I used a heat gun to dry then completely before re-dyeing the bottom half of each banner.
This canvas was completely dyed with Elegant Eggplant and the bottom was re-dyed to make it darker.

This canvas was not dyed but the bottom half was dyed with Summer Starfruit.
Here is the competed "Spooky" banner. It was a class that I offered in September, it took about  4 hours to complete the project and everyone had a great time. They had so much fun that they designed a Christmas Banner that we'll make this month. So check back the end of the month for all the details on the Christmas banner. I'll have some very cute ideas to share with you.



Recipe
Build a Baner Simply Created Kit
Halloween Banner Accessory Kit
Witches Brew DSP
Re-Inker in Summer Starfruit, Elegant Eggplant and Pumpkin Pie
3/4" Black Chevron Ribbon
Simply Scored Scoring Tool
Rhinestone Basic
Regal Designer Buttons
Sponge Daubers


1 comment: